Dental Crowns and Bridges
Dental crowns and bridges are used to repair missing or damaged teeth. Anderton Family Dental uses state-of-the-art equipment to create dental crowns and bridges that would perfectly match the shape and color of your existing teeth. This procedure will also decrease the risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and teeth shifting.
A dental crown, also known as a cap, is used to cover or encase a damaged tooth. The three different types of crown are porcelain, gold, and the combination of both. Dental crown procedures are usually completed within two dental appointments. It is commonly used for the following reasons:
- To protect a tooth after a root canal treatment
- If the tooth needs heavy filling
- To prevent a tooth from further cracking or fracturing
- To cover a tooth that is discolored
- To cover a deformed tooth
A dental bridge is a ceramic material that is normally used to replace a missing tooth. It “bridges” the gap between missing or extracted teeth. Just like a dental crown procedure, a bridge procedure is normally completed within two sessions over a course of three to six months. The three types of bridges offered at Anderton Family Dental are:
- Traditional – this is the most common type of bridge which involves using a crown for the teeth on both sides of the missing tooth and placing a bridge in between.
- Cantilever – this type of bridge is attached to adjacent teeth on one side of the missing tooth/teeth.
- Maryland-bonded – this type of bridge is supported by metal foundation called “wings,” which are bonded on both sides of the missing tooth.
For more information about dental crowns and bridges, please call Anderton Family Dental at (509) 662-1648.
Looking For Dental Treatments in Wenatchee, WA?
222 N Mission St, Ste A
Wenatchee, WA 98801
Telephone: (509) 662-1648
Office Hours: Mon-Thurs, 7:30-5:30